Updated on July 6, 2020 by
Status 2020-07-06: Interviews ongoing
We are hiring
Now you have the chance to work in a very special and exciting environment, as a section engineer in EISCAT Svalbard Radar. As is says in the name the employment is located to our facility in Svalbard.
You will be working with the rest of the technical staff on daily operation of the radar. The duties mainly consists of operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and service on all parts of the radar system. The tasks will also include service and repairs on buildings, vehicles and other mechanical equipment. You will also be an operator during scientific experiments.
The staff is small and this means that you can expect very varied work tasks. The tasks are provided by EISCAT. The position includes work high above the ground.
Change of duties may be expected, according to future needs.
The position includes shift work periodically, and is compensated according to the current agreement.
- Higher education at bachelor level. Long relevant experience, further education, continuing education, supplementary education can be compensated for lack of formal education.
- Previous experience in operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and service of equipment and systems
- Good English skills
- A valid Class B driver’s license
- Clean record or valid firearms license
It is advantageous if the applicant has qualifications in one or more of these areas:
- Electrics, preferably with a professional letter as a building electrician
- Control Engineering
- Tractor and truck driver certificate
- Vehicle maintenance
- We are looking for an employee who is independent, accurate, service minded and has good communication and collaboration skills.
- Good physics is required
- Solution oriented and ability to develop and improve our routines
- Initiative and flexible
- Neat and tidy
In evaluating the applicants, we will emphasize the applicant’s motivation and personal fitness for the position.
- A good working environment with dedicated colleagues
- Good welfare schemes
- Good pension, insurance and loan schemes in the Government Pension Fund
- The position is paid according to the state’s regulation 1085 departmental engineer. In addition, the polar supplement comes to NOK 102, – per day. A 2% compulsory contribution is deducted from the Government Pension Fund.
- A 2% compulsory contribution is deducted from the Government Pension Fund. Svalbard’s income tax is currently 8%. In addition, the national insurance premium is deducted at 8.2%.
- Housing, travel and resignation and holiday travel are covered in accordance with current regulations.
The application is sent electronically via https://www.jobbnorge.no/ledige-stillinger/stilling/187332/avdelingsingenioer-ingenioer-ved-eiscat-svalbard-radar
and should include:
- CV and application letter
- Diplomas and transcripts for all degrees
- 2-3 references with contact information
All documentation to be considered must be in a Scandinavian language or English.
Note that only applications through the link above will be concidered.
More information about the position can be obtained from the:
Department Engineer Espen Helgesen,
Head of EISCAT Svalbard Radar
Phone: +47 77 62 52 72
Chief Engineer Michael Rietveld,
UiT, Site Leader EISCAT Tromsø
Phone: +47 77 62 07 39
Cell phone: +47 995 92 101