EISCAT Headquarters are located just outside Kiruna at the Swedish Institute of Space Physics. The administrative and financial functions are integral parts of EISCAT Headquarters. Many of the internal rules and procedures are controlled using different forms. Other procedures are explained in memos. The Director has his office at Headquarters, but travels are common, both for the director and other personel.
At the moment 12 people work at Headquarters. Including all the sites the staff adds up to 22.
The regularly occurring annual staff meetings are called Annual Review Meetings (ARM).
|EISCAT Scientific Association is registered as a
Swedish non-profit organisation
|EISCAT Scientific Association is also
registered in Norway
For contact information see: Contact
The EISCAT Council (the “board”) is the governing body of EISCAT Scientific Association and has an overall responsibility for the activities of the Association. The Association and Council are governed by rules and procedures. Read more here
FinancingEISCAT is a non-profit organisation. The investments and operational costs of EISCAT are shared between:
- China Research Institute of Radiowave Propagation, People’s Republic of China
- National Institute of Polar Research, Japan
- Natural Environment Research Council, United Kingdom
- Norges forskningsrad, Norway
- Institute for Space-Earth Environment Research, Nagoya University, Japan (Solar-Terrestrial Environment Laboratory)
- Suomen Akatemia, Finland
- Vetenskapsrådet, Sweden